Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

property was left to us by our mom. I sold my half to family friend, my brother was in & out of jail at the time & couldn't sell his part due to not being able to sign anything. the property was sold to someone else with my brother's name still as joint, no money was paid to him, he never signed anything or was informed, & he's now receiving notices of taxes being behind. what do we do? I have property info on mom, affidavit of heirship for my brother and i, & tax document with his name still listed as an owner.

Asked on 9/27/13, 1:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

Have you contacted the person to whom you sold the property?

I'd have to review the signed documents and notices.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 9/28/13, 6:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas