Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

I co signed on a house and five acres in Texas. I paid mortgage for about ten years,I left in 2008 for work in Oregon. 2 months later my girlfriend tells me she has been seeing someone else while seeing me. I never called or contacted her again. She has contacted me wanting me to sign off on the house. Am I entitled to any monetary compensation?

Asked on 3/09/13, 8:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph A. McDermott, III Attorney at Law

You certainly can extract a price as a condition to releasing your interest. How much is the property worth over and above the mortgage? How much do you want?

Read more
Answered on 3/10/13, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas