Legal Question in Tax Law in Texas

My mother wants to buy me a house in lieu of my inheritence when she passes away. I read that there is a 45 % gift tax but I read there was a form she could fill out having to do with unified tax against her estate...I think we are covered under that but need reassurance before I accept the offer on the house. 45 % is highway robbery!!!


Asked on 9/28/09, 12:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Swain Swain Law Firm

She can gift up to $1,000,000 during her lifetime without there being any gift taxes. If there are any taxes she would have to pay them not the person receiving the gift.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/09, 5:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Texas