Legal Question in Tax Law in Texas

My ex wife died 12/3/2010 my 2 children moved in with me 12/27/2010, we had joint custody until she died. Then I have sole custody. Can I legally claim my children for 2010 income tax without the stepfathers consent or does he have any legal claim?

Asked on 3/16/11, 7:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Claim them.

The stepfather has no rights at all. He didn't support them, and didn't have a duty to do so.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/11, 6:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Texas