Legal Question in Traffic Law in Texas

I recently got a letter from a company based in Tempe Arizona for running a red light that was caught on camera (Automated Traffic Cam). Problem was, it was not my truck, I have never been to Conroe Tx. I currently live in Washington state. I have informed the company and sent by certified mail that they have the wrong truck/person. However, I do not have faith they are going to leave me alone. If I am force to defend myself at an "administrative hearing" in Conroe, TX, can I sue them and the city of Conroe, Tx for attorney fees?

In addition, they call this a "civil" case. What damages has the city of Conroe, TX suffered in order to justify sending tickets to begin with?

Asked on 3/20/12, 2:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You really need to stop communicating with these folks. Completely.

They can't do anything to you and they WON'T do anything to you.

Don't respond to their letters nor to any other form of communication from them.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/12, 9:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Texas