Legal Question in Veterans Law in Texas

va disability

my husband has been trying to get his disability for 10 years due to mental health problems we can not get any answers except that it is under special review do we need to get a lawyer

Asked on 2/27/04, 8:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles White Charles G. White

Re: va disability

Because of the subject matter which precedes your question, I assume that you are referring to a VA benefit to which you might be entitled. Federal law prohibits a lawyer from charging a fee for preparing and asserting your claim. After you have lost, and are in the appellate stage, you may hire a lawyer (which may be too late, but that is the law). In the meanwhile, there should be veterans' service agences that can provide some help. The VA should have a list of those who can help.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/04, 8:42 pm

Jill Mitchell-Thein Heard & Smith, LLP

Re: va disability

I would need more details to determine the status of the claim and to answer your question. Is the claim at a regional office, or has it been appealed to the Board of Veterans Appeals? I will be glad to check on it for you free of charge. Feel free to e-mail me with more details, like dates, where it is pending, and claim number(s) so I can get you an answer.


Jill Mitchell

Read more
Answered on 2/28/04, 11:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Texas