Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

adopted grand children

Can I leave my son's adopted children out of my will?

Asked on 6/30/09, 10:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monte Schatz Attorney at law

Re: adopted grand children

Yes. You can leave your son's adopted children out of your will. The only person that you cannot disinherit is your spouse.

Consult with your own legal counsel and have him/her prepare the will for you to make sure appropriate language is included to disinherit the adopted children.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/09, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas