Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

I am trying to decide if I should keep and rent or surrender the home of my deceased parents. Selling is not an option due to finances. My brother and I have kept up with mortgage payments and want to make our money back. How would I go about surrendering to the bank or transferring ownership to my brother and myself?

Note: Residency and all property is in Texas.

Asked on 5/18/17, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

I'm going to need a lot more information on this. Specifically, was there a will? When was the date of death? Is there an active foreclosure? Did anyone cosign? How many children? etc.

Feel free to call me to discuss, there's no obligation or charge.

For more information, please visit our website:

Read more
Answered on 5/18/17, 12:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas