Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

I am looking for a document that would allow me to set my own restrictions to the way my assets and estate are handled along with my desires for quality of care, in case I am unable to make important decisions. I would like to appoint a guardian that is outside my family such as a lawyer or entity, but have a document that sets strict guidelines as for my wishes. Something that will protect me from my family if need be, I do not trust them. Does anyone know of anything I could obtain that would do this? I would also like some built in checks and balances to make sure that the guardian is following my wishes as far as my assets and estate is concerned, in the form of an outside firm or accountant.

Asked on 5/23/13, 9:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

You would probably want a combination of revocable living trust, medical power of attorney and a guardianship declaration. This is not a DIY project, however.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 9:23 pm

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

We could guide you as your attorney but it would be iimpractical to try to advise you on which documents to prepare etc ...and you probably have a qualified estate attorney in your area...but life requires trust...good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas