Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My husbands Grandma past away about a year ago. she had a will leaving one of her 2 serving children her home. 3 weeks after her passing her son that she left everything to pasted away. He had no wife and no kids. we thought it would be easy that my husband and his aunt (The only 2 family members left) would split everything. After we start everything my husbands biological grandfather shows up. I say biological because no one has herd or talked to the man in over 40 years. My husband did not even know this mans name. How can we stop him from coming in and taking away our family home? Grandma and grandpa did get a divorce. Grandma was remarried to 2 or more men after the divorce. The house was given to her by her last husband before his passing. They rise her 3 children in this home. Once her last husband past away she moved out giving the house to husbands father after my husband's fathers passing she let her other son move into the home.

Asked on 7/15/13, 5:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

OK, how did grandma give the home to your husband's father? Deed? or ?

If the grandma divorced the grandpa, then I don't think grandpa is going to have much of a claim to the house. However, you should probably start thinking about probating grandma's estate sooner rather than later. Feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss this by phone. I have a feeling there is a lot more to this story.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 6:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas