Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas


I believe I am being cheated out of my inheritance by my brother, who was executor of my mothers estate in 70's. My brother and I were to inherit. My mother died last year. First, what things should I do?

Asked on 2/02/09, 11:56 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Doug McCullough Phillips & Reiter

Re: Inheritance

Did she leave a Will? Has it been probated? If there is a Will, but it has not been probated, you may be an interested party who can submit the Will to probate.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/09, 12:01 pm
Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm

Re: Inheritance

Contact an attorney asap. You have rights and can intervene, but it is not a do-it-yourself job.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/09, 4:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas