Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

I Recently Lost A Loved One, And They Had Set Up An Irrevocable Trust And Will. My Father Is The Trustee Of Everything And Told Me Before It Was Read That It Was All Binding And If Anything Was Fought No One Would Get Anything. I Was Then Told I Was Left Their Personal Belongings And A Vehicle. My Father Then Told Me My Deceesed Loved One Had Meant To Change The Will And Had Never Got Around To It, And I Was Supposed To Be Left Out. I Would Still Get Their Belongings, But The Vehicle Would Go To The Oldest Living Relative. I.e. Not Me. When I Questioned Him He Told Me To Be careful I Was Close To Not Getting Anything. I Feel Stuck And Unable To Defend Myself In This Matter. What Should I do? My Relatives Spouse Told Me I Was Supposed To Get The Vehicle And It Was Paid Off. My Father Says Otherwise And I Don't Know How To Find The Truth. He Will Not Let Me Have Any Paperwork And Keeps The Trust And Will Close To His Hand. Please Advise.

Asked on 11/13/13, 9:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

obviously the trust rules..but only if a Court enforces the trust so u must make the decisiion to hire a lawyer...Hopefully you have a copy of the trust?

Read more
Answered on 11/14/13, 7:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas