Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

Can a trustee of an estate ,who wishes to purchase some of the property,pay from estate funds an agent to represent the estate and protest the the vaule of the property at the apprisal district in order to purchase the property from the estate at the new lower rate without violating is fiducal responsiblities to the estate?

Asked on 9/22/13, 9:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

A representative of the estate can pay an agent to attempt to lower the valuation of estate property as that would benefit the estate by lowering taxes on the estate. However representatives of the estate should probably not purchase property from the estate as this could be interpreted as self dealing.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 5:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas