Legal Question in Family Law in United Arab Emirates

Hi,my wife and i are both muslims, I was in UAE 7 months ago for delivery of my wife, after she gave birth to my daughter in Ajman, my visit visa expired and i had to go back to my country without my wife and daughter since she refused to come with me being under the pressure from my mother in law who also lives in UAE.Anyways now my daughter has been living in UAE for the past 7 months illegally,i have got her birth registered but couldn't get her passport because mother's consent is needed and she said she would never give it.Moreover all my attempts to convince my wife that she should not keep our daughter illegally in UAE have failed.Now they don't even tell me how my daughter is and never show her to me. Legally speaking,Is there anything i can do to take back my wife and daughter to my country or at least my daughter since i don't want her to live in UAE illegally and deprived from education and quality medical care etc. ? Also i have found out that my mother in law sponsored my wife to get her residency while she's still married with me by not informing the authorities that she's married.Is it illegal to do that?And Can she also sponsor my daughter against my will? What can i do about these issues?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Asked on 1/08/11, 6:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Shaji Natarajan Salam Advocates & Legal Consultants


After perusal of the contents of your Query, it is presumed that you are now back in your Country. You have not mentioned as to which Country you belong to. If you are by chance a Indian, please inform the particular place and State that you belong to. You can be properly guided only on your providing the abovesaid information.

As you have mentioned that your Child was born in Ajman, then surely the necessary Birth Certificate would have been issued by the competent local Authorities. The Mother of your Wife can sponsor her Daughter for the purpose of Visa. Is your Wife employed over here? Where are you employed?

For getting back your Wife and child the legal procedures that may be adopted can be opined after your providing us the necessary information.

Best Regards,

Read more
Answered on 1/08/11, 10:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in United Arab Emirates