Legal Question in Consumer Law in United Kingdom

My mum had a mobile phone contract which I used. I upgraded the contact, the company done this without my mothers permission.

As the bill is in her name can they do this?

In the new upgrade agreement with myself i agreed to unlimited free texts I then later realised that they had only given me 500 free texts. They company would then not cancel the contract.

Is this illegal?

Asked on 2/03/10, 11:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Dutton Legal -Zone

the mobile phone company have done nothing illegal but you have. It may well be that the upgraded contract is unenforceable against your mother although this will depend upon whether she took reasonable steps to prevent the fraudulent use by you.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/10, 1:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in United Kingdom