Legal Question in Criminal Law in United Kingdom

if you plead guilty and go to prison but maintain your innocence, can you ask to go back to court and plead not guilty

Asked on 4/16/12, 2:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duncan Lanser MWG Solicitors

If you have already been tried and pleaded guilty, with the benefit of legal advice at the time, you cannot then later be re-tried unless there was some kind of miscarriage of justice which occurred or you were coerced in some way into pleading guilty. I would need more information in order to be able to advise fully.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 8:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in United Kingdom