Legal Question in Family Law in United Kingdom

My X parnter of about 2 -3 months is refusing to let my daughter spend the night with me. My daughter aged 3 wants to stay and I would like her to too. I rent a room in shared accomadation, for which I have my own room use of living room kitchen diner and two bathrooms and large garden. the house is furnished well and has all you would expect...

Is there anything I can do to counter her point blank refusal. She has agreed I can take her horse riding and camping next month so it isn't an issue of that nature...

Asked on 4/19/12, 9:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

How old is your daughter ? From what I gather, you are presently in a live-in relationship with your X-Partner who may not be comfortable with your daughter coming and staying with you for a night, fearing that it might revive old memories of your lawfully wedded wife within you.

Your X-Partner is being possessive of you, and she wants to win you over and have your undivided attention by all means. You can tell your X-Partner point blank that as a father, you are firm on spending time with your daughter, and take her for a horse ride and a week-long holiday camp. If you are keen, you can also tell your X-Partner that you have no objection to her joining the holiday camp with your daughter.

You can also mail me for any further on-line legal advice at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/20/12, 4:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in United Kingdom