Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Utah

My son was shot and killed by a police officer after he allegedly committed a small burglary and was attempting to escape from police officers at 5:00 a.m. in the morning in a stolen pickup truck. He was alleged to crash into a police car and trying to leave the scene.

I might add there was a female passenger in the cab of the vehicle who's life was also placed in jeopardy. My son was shot in the back and died at the scene. Again I would like to add, the police force is from a very small town where very little training is offered / provided to the police force. and officers are not exposed to situations such as this, If their unlucky, maybe once during their time on the police force. My question is:"I am Half way around the world away and need advice, and documentation on their side of the incident. POLICE REPORTS, AUTOPSY REPORT, DEATH CERTIFICATE, the female passengers statement, etc.etc. and if his Civil Liberties was violated, and who or whom should I get in contact with

Asked on 2/28/10, 1:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mike Studebaker Law Office of Michael Studebaker, LLC

I have expereince in these cases and obtaining your requested information. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Mike Studebaker

Read more
Answered on 3/05/10, 6:13 am

Kelly Ann Booth Bautista Booth Parkinson, PLLC

You need an attorney. You'll also want a private investigator. In these situations, law enforcement agencies protect their own and the only way to get everything you need is to be persistent. Diligence is the only way to discover the truth.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/10, 7:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Utah