Legal Question in Construction Law in Utah

when may a police officer enter your house with out your permission?

Asked on 7/27/09, 2:53 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Any time he has official business or probable cause that a crime is or was committed or evidence of a crime may be present and may be destroyed, or in emergency circumstances

Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 6:39 pm
Randy B. Birch Attorney at Law

With a warrant, of if he observes a crime in process. If he comes to the door and says he wants to talk, 1) you do not have to talk to him and 2) Do not consent or acquiese and let him in the house.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/09, 9:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Utah