Legal Question in Criminal Law in Utah

I am involved in a very controversial case and no charges have been made yet; but we have been asked to come in for questioning and dont know what is the best thing to do. We do not have any money for an attorney but want to speak up what is the best action to take?

Asked on 2/03/10, 11:03 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Randy B. Birch Attorney at Law

Do not talk to the police, or anyone else for that matter. If the police think you have done anything wrong, they are going to pursue you anyway. Talking can do you nothing but harm. Please go to YouTube and watch this clip.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/10, 12:35 pm
Kelly Ann Booth Bautista Booth Parkinson, PLLC

Amen to Randy's answer. Don't talk yourself into an arrest. Once law enforcement sets its sights on you, it turns from trying to solve a crime to trying to convict a person. Don't let that person be you.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/10, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Utah