Legal Question in DUI Law in Utah

drunk and driving , racing and crash to a bussiness house

I am only 16, and I am drung and drive, I didn't mean to race, I was drunk, I don't know wat I doing, and racing with a friend, and I crash to a bussiness house, I got a DUI and a racing ticket. my friend got a racing ticket too, he is drink too, but the police didn't check him, what my friend tell me is:'' we were going strait, but front is a free way, then he turn at the front and I was going strait still, and I crash to he's car, and he's car and him is fine, after that I crash to a bussiness house, and wat my friend told me, is wat I remember, and after I crash to my friend's car, then I don't even know how I crash to the bussiness house? and I really don't know wat to do now? can someone help me? and I don't have a driver liscent now, but can I apply for just driving to school and work only? can u really help me, I really feel sorry wat I did.

Asked on 9/21/02, 3:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Blakely Blakely Law Office

Re: drunk and driving , racing and crash to a bussiness house

As a minor, you are being charged with the "not a drop" DUI law here in Utah. Essentially, until you are 21, it is illegal for you to drive with ANY amount of alcohol in your body. What happens now is very important. First you need to review the DUI citation that you received. At the bottom of the citation is information on requesting a driver's license hearing. This needs to be requested no later than 10 days from the date you received the citation. Then, you need to also examine the citation to see what court your case will be in, and call them to arrange an arraignment. Often citations say that you have to wait a week or so before arranging an arraignment, so that the court has time to get the case file started. I always recommend an attorney in any case involving drinking and driving, and at your young age it is even more important. Another very important thing for you to do is to check out alcohol education programs. It will be essential for you to get into one just as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (801)297-2480 ext. 268.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/02, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Utah