Legal Question in Family Law in Utah

babys mama just delivered her child other day, of course me and her have split up months ago, i was their for delivery but had to wait next day to sign birth certificate, i went home, and she messages me saying she refuses to let me sign the birth certificate, and i really am frustrated and don't want that, i wanna sign it, pay child support see her as much as possible.. what can i do to be able have my rights as the father even if the mother is not cooperative?

Asked on 10/07/13, 12:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cory Wall Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C.

You should go to the Utah Bureau of Vital Records and file an Acknowledgement of Paternity first of all. Then you will need to file a paternity action with the District Court to establish court ordered parent time rights which will include a child support order as well. You should retain an attorney to help you as soon as you are able.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 1:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Utah