Legal Question in Employment Law in Utah

Employment References

I had always heard that in the state of Utah, an employer can only give a reference containing the beginning and end date of employment and salary. Anything else would be defamation of character. Is this true or false?

Asked on 2/17/09, 1:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Re: Employment References

Most employers only give the bare essentials to avoid lawsuits, but an employer can state more if the employer so chooses.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/09, 4:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Utah