Legal Question in Personal Injury in Utah

My husband died & I took it hard. I ended up at the nut hut. I was hurt badly in a sexual way. It was a staff member of the hospital . He was proven guilty in court. I got a lawyer and was offered 30,000.00 dollars from my state. My lawyer told me not to take it,that I was dew much more. While I was still in the hospital she called me&said she was no longer my lawyer. Days latter I found out my case was thrown out because she had not gotten things in by the time line. Is there anything that can be done? This has made my life living hell.

Asked on 2/27/13, 7:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

All is not lost. If your attorney failed to timely file your case, your attorney may be held liable for your losses - in other words you can sue your former attorney. Often attorneys have insurance to cover their losses. In other instances you may have an additional opportunity to refile your case.

You may call for a free consultation. 801-876-4422

Read more
Answered on 2/27/13, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Utah