Legal Question in Personal Injury in Utah

Injured mother

My mother slipped on the ice at her apartment complex and injured her shoulder and back. The complex assistant manager witnessed her fall. She has been off of her job at Walmart from the beginning of Dec. and cannot go back until Jan. 2, 2008. She is 85 and supplements her SS with her job at Walmart.

Does she have any recourse?

Asked on 12/25/07, 9:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Re: Injured mother

Probably. The apartment has a duty to keep ice free - especially if they have elderly tenants. Your mother is entitled to payment for her medical expenses, lost wages and something for her pain and suffering. You or she may call for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 12/25/07, 11:38 pm
Rex Bush Bush Law Firm

Re: Injured mother

Slip and fall cases can be tough. The key is "duty". Did the apartment complex have a duty to remove ice from the spot where your mother fell? It depends on where she fell. If she fell in the parking lot she might not have a claim. Call me I'll help you sort out the facts. For more information about me see my website:

Read more
Answered on 12/26/07, 12:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Utah