Legal Question in Personal Injury in Utah

if i sign a waiver and do a health product test study and i have to get medical help - do i have any legal rights if things go wrong to go after them for compensation?

Asked on 2/19/13, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Driggs Driggs Bills & Day

It depends on the language of the waiver and if you have the legal capacity to enter into it. If you are an adult and a court hasnít deemed you incompetent then you will likely be held to the language of the waiver, so read it carefully. Lastly, you cannot waive gross negligence in favor of the other party to the contract, but that language will likely be in the waiver anyway. Be careful and good luck. If you have any further questions, please call us at (801) 363-9982 and ask for Attorney John Tillotson. He will be able to further help you with this situation and give more advice.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/13, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Utah