Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Utah

My father died leaving a living trust that included a checking account where he was the only signer. The bank informed us that the account needs to be closed and a new account opened and that the trust would need an EIN. How does the trust obtain an EIN?

Asked on 11/07/13, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Jones Paul W. Jones Attorney LLC

You can apply for an EIN online at the IRS's website. Here are two links that will take you there:

Read more
Answered on 11/07/13, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Utah