Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Vermont

how can I save my house while its in foreclosure? it is over $20,000 behind in mortgage and I have a lot of other stuff going on as well. it is VERY complicated! I was thinking about filling bankruptcy but I really don't know what to do anymore. can you please help?

Asked on 6/29/13, 1:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

Under a chapter 13 case you can pay the arears through the chapter 13 plan and reinstate your mortgage, if you have sufficient income to do so. Otherwise you can try to obtain a loan modification.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 11:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Vermont