Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Virginia

info in public record

I declared bankruptcy in '03. Months later, while looking over my credit report, I see that I have a judgement listed under the public records section. This judgement was filed AFTER bankruptcy proceedings had started and was filed by a creditor listed in the proceeding (debt was discharged BEFORE judgement was rendered). Is there anyway to have this removed from public record? If so, how?

Asked on 7/03/06, 12:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sawyer Sawyer & Azarcon, P.C.

Re: info in public record

You have two possible remedies: a contempt proceeding in bankruptcy court, for violation of the automatic stay, or an action in the state court, under the VA satisfied judgment provision, where the judgment arose. You may be entitled to recover your legal fees. You should consult with your bankruptcy attorney who should be able to assist you with either.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/06, 6:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Virginia