Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Virginia

non payment for work provided

i completed ajob for a

neighbor which involed

refurbishing a deck. work

done/ remove old

railing,level and secure

where needed,pressure

wash,sand prime and

3coates of paint.the

agreement was 800.00 for

labor to use as a

downpayment for a car the

homeowner was to sell

me.the job was completed in

july 06 to homeowners

satisfaction.the homeowner

had parked the car in my

yard but would not let me

drive or tag the car until i

gave him actual cash up

front also.unfortunately do to

hard times i could not afford

to buy the, the man

took the car back, gave me

150.00 and is refusing to pay

the balance.i am also a

single father of an 8 year old

little girl,and having trouble

making ends meet.bottom

line, i need to be paid.can

someone please help me,

or steer me in the best

direction.thank you.

Asked on 10/14/06, 9:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: non payment for work provided

Your remedy would appear to be to sue this withholder and promise breaker in small claims court for $650 which you can do for less than $40.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/06, 10:28 am

James McKinnon McKinnon & Associates, PLC

Re: non payment for work provided

Go to your city or county General District Court. It is the small claims court. Most parties do not have attorneys. File a Warrant In Debt. Bring any evidence and/or witnesses to Court.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/06, 1:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Virginia