Legal Question in Disability Law in Virginia

Am I required to go through the EEOC with a work place disability discrimination case or am I able to bypass them and solely consult/hire a private attorney? My discrimination took place as an employee of a local government in Virginia and I'm leary to trust another government agency.

Asked on 6/02/13, 11:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If you're referring to an ADA claim, then, yes, I believe you must first file

your claim through EEOC and have them investigate it and then issue you

a right to sue letter (in U.S. District Court) if your claim is deemed to have at least some merit.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 9:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Virginia