Legal Question in Administrative Law in Virginia

Maybe, but first you'll probably have to file a case against this

"friend" and secure an enforceable judgment against him for the amount of your claim.


Asked on 5/09/11, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Go to the clerk's office of your local general district court and tell

them you want to file a warrant in debt. If it's for $5K or less you can

do it in their small claims court; if more than that and up to $15K, you will

do it in their regular general district court.

The clerks will have all the paperwork there in their office for you

to fill out necessary to file and establish your case. And, bring your checkbook along to pay the filing fee which should be around $50 or so for the small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/11, 5:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Virginia