Legal Question in Administrative Law in Virginia

Our minor child is listed as a beneficiary on a deceased aunt's annuity. Is a conservatorship or guardian necessary? What is the Virginia law?

Asked on 3/28/14, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Assuming that this deceased aunt did not appoint a custodian in her will to manage these funds in behalf of the minor beneficiary of this annuity or establish a trust to do the same, then you may have to petition the appropriate court in your locality (either circuit or probate) to be appointed and qualified as the administrator of your minor child's estate for the purpose of carrying out the functions of this afore-mentioned custodian or trustee in behalf of your minor child.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/14, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Virginia