Legal Question in Admiralty Law in Virginia

My 89 year old father was in active duty in the army infantry in World War II, ( in the second wave of troops following the invasion of Normandy). Years later after he returned home to the U.S. it was learned that he was supposed to be receiving a military persion. In 1991 he submitted correct forms applying for this pension and was denied. A building in Philadelphia, PA had burnt that housed army files on men in the army which included him. Officals did not research for farther information on him. Now I would like to know how to go about getting proper information for him to receive his due pension and back pension while he is still living, at least from the time he filed correct forms in 1991. Is there an attorney in the Roanoke, Virginia area who specializes in this? What else should I do?

Thank you greatly,

Asked on 8/09/11, 10:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

The following issues require clarification to answer your question:

1. Why would your father have qualified for an Army pension merely on

the basis of having served on active duty in WW 11?

2. What reason was officially offered for the denial in 1991?

Read more
Answered on 8/21/11, 7:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in Virginia