Legal Question in Admiralty Law in Virginia

marine liens

Hello, I have placed a marine lien on a vessel owner for non payment of fees. Their attorney is now suing me for slander and attorney fees. Where can I get help? I am a very low income person.

Asked on 7/19/06, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

J Stephen Simms Simms Showers LLP

Re: marine liens

We are one of the most active U.S. firms working in the area of maritime liens and maritime creditors rights. We would be glad to look at your potential maritime lien claim. Please reach us with details at [email protected], including, the nature of the claim, amount, place and date that the maritime lien arose, and the vessel involved; please also fax/email us a copy of any maritime lien filing that you have made with the U.S. Coast Guard National Vessel Documentation Center or otherwise, and a copy of the papers (correspondence, court complaint) that have been sent to you. Our phone/fax/contact details are our web site,

Read more
Answered on 7/19/06, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in Virginia