Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Virginia

im 43 now when i was 22 i got a felony for bad checks in Virginia . i did not write enough checks to add up to a felony the judge added checks written by my wife at the time to me and mine to her and gave us both a felony . i don't see how i can be held for anothers crime. i was asked to pay 50% in restitution but i paid 100% to make sure it was behind me.. can this injustice be overturned to a misdemeanor charge..

Asked on 2/11/13, 11:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, unfortunately, not a chance (in my opinion). See Va Code Sec. 19.2-392.2 et seq.

You may well have had a credible basis to appeal the judge's decision in your case but obviously failed to take advantage of this right and now it's simply way too late to take any meaningful remedial action for what apparently occurred more than 20 years ago. (Again, this is my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 2/11/13, 9:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Virginia