Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Virginia

On my job a while back I enrolled in long term disability, it's an insurance that if you get sick or injure that they will pay you, if you have to be out for a long time, well a year and a half ago, I was injure and had to be out until now, ok at first I was getting paid by the insurance that I enroll in at work, but because my job cancelled my health insurance because, they the insurance company stop paying me because I couldn't go to the doctor which I was thinking, that couldnt go to the doctor, but anyway I now have another health insurance, Met life assure me if I go back to the doctor that, my payments will start coming back, previous times I call to see what is the statues and they keep on saying that my case is in review, this has been going on since february but, at first they say they didn't receive nothing from the doctor, I call my doctor's secretary and she say that she fax them off the paper work that they need. Which the problem is not the doctor, but the insurance company. My wife, tells me maybe I need to get a lawyer, but I feel did everything that have to do I been to therapy going on three months and still going. So what should I do? Keep on waiting and calling or get a lawyer?

Asked on 8/02/11, 7:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Give it three more months, then hire a lawyer (would be my advice).

Read more
Answered on 8/20/11, 5:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Virginia