Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Virginia

If my husband is being held in jail for 10 days and the 10 days have been served but he has a failure to appear in another district but same state but will not show up to extradite him what can be done?

Asked on 3/07/18, 5:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If more than 72 hours (three business days) have elapsed since your husband completed his 10 day jail sentence,

and this other jurisdiction which has requested his extradition has failed to come to

pick him up, then either your husband or his attorney should be requesting a hearing before the court which jailed him to have him released from this jail where he is now being held.

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 3/07/18, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Virginia