Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Virginia

If someone has power of attorney over me an can produce no paperwork can they make me live in their house an tell me I cannot leave.....

Asked on 4/06/13, 8:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Why, of course, NOT! (Furthermore, even if this person had

a POA, it would not be one granting him or her this kind of authority over your person and beyond that, if you by chance had given this person

a valid POA, as the grantor you would be legally entitled to withdraw it at

any time.)

A reasonable conclusion regarding this alleged POA under the facts recited, is that no such document nor power derived therefrom exists which is why the claimant has not been able to produce any valid or credible paperwork related to the matter.

Bottom line: You should be able to tell this would-be warder good-bye

any time you damn well please.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/13, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Virginia