Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Virginia

i got a ticket in va where i live back in november. i went to pay the ticket on line and was having difficulty so i called the number on the ticket and a lady i talked to said she can take my information down and she will process it when she gets to the new office. she stated that the court ws moving buildings and took my name case number credit card info. this was on december 20th. a couple days ago i was on a trip driving in ny state and was pulled over. i was in formed by the trooper that i have a suspended license and was given a ticket. now that im back in va i find out from dmv it was suspended for not paying the fine. i called the court and they said i didnt pay it and they dont take payments over the phone. some one there took my info. they were very nasty with me and said i was a lying and i need to pay my fine and pay to get my license back. i have no problem paying my fine but i cant afford the 146 to get license back and the possible 500 for driving on a suspended in ny.i called the commonwealth attorney in the county i have the ticket nd he told me that this is actually not the first complaint he has received about this. he informed me to have my case reopened and see the judge. just looking for some advise or if there is something i should do or should i ask for a different judge.

Asked on 2/09/17, 9:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

So, follow the advice that you've received from the office of the commonwealth's

attorney and go to the clerk's office for the traffic court involved and request that

your case be reopened for the reasons you've described.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/17, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Virginia