Legal Question in Construction Law in Virginia

Do I have to pay a contractor remaing balance if so far his work has been faulty?

Asked on 9/07/13, 2:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, probably not if this faulty work amounts

to a breach of the contract between the two of you, but without

reviewing this contract and the relevant facts at issue it would be

difficult to say with greater certainty. (You should be prepared, however,

for the possibility that this contractor may sue you if you fail

to pay the full amount agreed to and that if such were to occur

you would need to go to court to defend your positionj in the matter.)

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 8:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Virginia