Legal Question in Consumer Law in Virginia

I paid a roofer half of his estimate and he agreed to start work this week. He has not shown up and I can no longer reach anyone at his business by phone. I want to get my deposit back. Should I go to small claims court or start with letters first?

Asked on 6/27/13, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Letter first (I would recommend) then to Small Claims Court if that

proves unavailing. (Save a copy of the letter as part of the record

of your claim.)

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Virginia