Legal Question in Consumer Law in Virginia

At our reception this past weekend one of the catering staff spilled grease from his pan where he was frying crab cakes at an action station and started a fire. The employee was burned and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. While this was unfortunate only a few guests had received crab cakes before the accident and after no more were served. We did not recieve any uncooked crabcakes or anything so you could almost say that we did not have crabcakes nor an action station. Guests were also afraid to go into the room because of the fire so they went hungry when they should have been full from our buffet and been able to make multiple trips. The situation also took time away from my reception as we only had the building for a limited amount of time. Did they breach contract by not providing that food or service? What can I do about them not getting part of the food and service that I paid for? I also paid for the employee to work the whole night when infact he did not.

Asked on 9/30/13, 1:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Well, have you asked the caterer for at least a partial refund

of what you paid for and which you never received (for whatever

reason)? Afterall, as the old saw goes, "them that don't ask (usually) don't get."

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 5:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Virginia