Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

My father owes a det. When i was 16 when he signed for me to open a checking accout. Captial One has a hold on all his accets and they also attacked my checking account and they wont return my money or releast my account. It is my accout my money goes in and i pay my bills. My dad never touchs it. do they have the right to take my money when i never signed an agreement with them for a loan or to pay anything. I am married and live in a diffrent county for 4 years now. Im not even in his household. Not sure what kind of legal backing i can get to get my stolen money back. they took what is not theirs i own them nothing.

Asked on 1/26/12, 4:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If your account was joint with your father and not held

as Tenants by the Entireties, then Capital One

could do what you claim that it did with respect to the funds

in the account.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/12, 7:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia