Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I live in VA and recently completed a "Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure" on an investment property in NC. The deed was X-ferred Oct/09 and the bank that held the note (and now the Deed) REFUSES to send me any paperwork that says I am now released of this loan and do not own this property any longer. I believe I have a legal right to "GET it in WRITING" for my records. When I call the bank and am able to get thru to someone, they DO verify the Deed in Lieu is complete & I have also been verbally told the deficiency has been forgiven. My concern is, down the road, they will come after me for the deficiency. And I do not have any paperwork as proof. (I am ONLY able to see the Deed has been X-ferred by checking the NC Regestry web site)

Asked on 2/17/10, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You may have to travel to North Carolina and visit the bank's headquarters or other venue where you can get the written verification which you've been seeking.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/10, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia