Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I live in Va and run a small sawmill a few years ago a beekeeper wanted lumber to build new hives and also wanted to put some hives on my property while negociating the lumber price we struck up a deal to trade the lumber for 2 hives of my own. He has now decided to remove his hives from my property and he took the hives that we traded for aswell. He now states that he thought the lumber was a gift and that we never traded goods. Now i am out $400 plus dollars worth of lumber and have no hives. Do i have any legal recourse in this matter?

Asked on 9/26/13, 12:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

So, sue this apparent freeloader in your local small claims court for the

amount that you reasonably believe (and can prove) that he now owes

you--as a result of this deal now gone bad.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 9:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia