Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I have been trying for months to get a credit service to stop charging my debit card for their service but they won't stop. The account was for my ex-wife but we have been divorced since Feb. I have called the service and told them to cease but they insist I cannot cancel the service, my ex would have to. We do not speak and they keep charging my card monthly. Their terms of agreement don not mention stipulations on canceling the service. I have tried getting my bank to stop payment to no avail. They are limited on what they can do.

Asked on 11/27/10, 5:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You may need to have your bank cancel this card and issue you a new

bank card as a replacement.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/10, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia