Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I have a small home based child care. Parent disenrolled her child without 3 weeks notice and is refusing to pay. If I take her to court and she's required to pay, would she also be responsible for my lawyer and court fees?

Asked on 10/18/19, 8:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathon Moseley Jonathon A. Moseley

You will always be able to collect your court filing fees or other fees to court if you are successful and you get the money from the defendant

However, you will not be able to charge your attorney's fees or interest unless that is explicitly written into your written contract. You should have a written contract and it should include a provision for the client to pay attorneys fees.

You should also include a definition of the 3 weeks notice as requiring payment of liquidated damages for the 3 weeks

Read more
Answered on 10/18/19, 8:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia