Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I'm being sued for a $6000 debt, I receive a military pension that under a new law is now exempt from garnishment. How can the creditor get money from me, if I have no other income?

Asked on 12/28/11, 8:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

They can try to levy on other assets, sell your real estate (home), or garnish funds in your bank account.

Read more
Answered on 12/28/11, 9:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia