Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

I was charged with "possession of alcohol by person under 21" 36 CFR 2.35(a)(2)(ii) in Virginia. I am 18 years old and I was on a state park at the time and I was wondering if it is a good idea if I go to court and try to fight it or if I should just pay the fine? Also I am an intern for a government contractor and I was wondering if this will affect my future job employment or if it will stay on my record and for how long? Will this go on my parents insurance? I have no priors. Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

Asked on 7/03/10, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If you're citing a provision of the CFR which is the Code of Federal Regulations, it sounds as though you were on federal park land rather than

state, and therefore you would be going to federal rather than state court

to contest this charge.

I would suggest that you clarify this issue before proceeding further.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/10, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia